Rain Happens

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

We had our first presentation of Rain Happens Ministries at Summerland Baptist Church and it went well. We were able to clear up a few rumours about us such as why, when and how long. People had heard a various assortment of tales and we need to set things straight. We opened the evening with TaLeah playing Step By Step on her guitar which was very special to us. It is a song that has always ment a lot to us and to see TaLeah be keen on playing in public was great. It was her idea too! Shanaya helped by running the DVD player for us when we showed a short clip of life in Ireland as it is now. We were also there to give them ideas on how they can support the ministry. Many are keen go over to Ireland and help in some way. Maybe in hammering a few nails when( hopefully not if) the new camp begins to take shape also in helping run camps or weekend conferences on programs that have worked well at SBC such as The Alpha Marriage Course and various sunday school programs. We also have a family who wants to come and see how they can be involved and are willing to go to Ireland for anywhere from 2-5 years. We have had 4 pledges for monitary support already! Sorry the picture of the crowd is so dark. We figure around 100 people came out but many who could not make it took our brochure earlier in the day at church. We are looking forward to presenting the minisry to our old church First Baptist Church in Kelowna on Feb. 5. Pray for God to move many hearts to see the need in Ireland and want to grow the Kingdom!

2 Comments:

At 5:32 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I wanted to get up that evening and tell you guys that we are all so proud of you. It was an awesome evening and such a testimony of how much our church family loves you - such a great turnout. Anyway, I didn't get up because I knew I would break down. Duh - I hate that. But, ....I'm proud of you guys. And TALEAH - that was awesome. I was so impressed. I love that song too. Love, Pam

 
At 6:46 p.m., Blogger Sonia said...

So here I am months late checking out your Blog... Sounds like things are moving ahead for your Ministry in Ireland - it is so cool to see the girls getting ready as well. I guess I have been in my own world...partially grief and partially denial that you will be leaving...I am in awe of how you are following the Lord to where he needs your family! Miss you all very much - even if we are only 30 minutes away...I'm hoping I will be at church next week so I can hear more about Ireland. Give Kirb and the girls hugs from us all...when are you leaving for Disneyland?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home