Rain Happens

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Well, Christmas and New Years have come and gone. So now that things have settled down I will finally get down to some blogging. On Christmas eve we had Joe and Dawn and two families from the neighbourhood come over for our traditional Christmas Coffees. Lots of whipped cream and yummy.
We had our turkey which Gary made the stuffing and stuffed it as usual, I hate putting my hand into the bird so Gary has done it for years, and I did the veggies. I found a great recipie for brussel sprouts with bacon and apple all roasted togeather, yes its a Martha recipie. I did cheat on the roast potatoes because you can buy frozen ones here that roast really nice, not as nice as Nannys of course! The girls were happy with their presents, TaLeah is our pamper queen with her terry towel outfit and her foot spa and body creams. Shanaya loved her Eeyore shirt and was very suprised to recieve a cd that we thought we would not be able to find here as no one had ever heard of them. Kirbey also loved her presents and Mungo even got into the recieving spirit with his new chew toy. Gary and I also managed to find a few presents that we could surprise each other with as we usually know what we are getting. We did our usual Christmas puzzle and I taught the girls how to play Dutch Blitz. It was a nice Christmas but very lonely as this was our first Christmas with no family for any of us.

6 Comments:

At 9:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pics guys! Sounds like fun..did Gary play games? Oh, what Ireland can do to some people! Talk to you soon..Hi to everyone! Love ssed&j xoxo

 
At 1:52 a.m., Blogger Ashley said...

Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful Christmas and I am sure that it was a little lonely on this end for your family without you too. Glad to see your back in the land of blog, your posts were missed.

 
At 4:20 a.m., Blogger Sonia said...

We also got Dutch Blitz for Christmas... havn't had a chance to play yet - but it looks like fun. It was so nice to hear your voices yesterday!!

 
At 8:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. I am sure you did miss your family here over Christmas as its hard to be apart over that special time of year. I was thinking about you all. Thanks for the photo and news update. I always look forward to them. Take care of each other and wishing you all the best in 2007!

 
At 5:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a jolly good time.

 
At 8:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Guys
Well i must say im sorry that I havent sent you any messages to encourage you guys, or let you know whats happening in my life.
Heres the encouragement part first. Know that I love you all so much and that there has been no failure in your choice to come back home. I know that God comes first for you all and then your family. I know that If God wanted you guys there longer then you have been there would be a peace about it and doors would be wide open for support with kirby and other issues that have arose there. You mission/time spent there will have blessed, encouraged and directed so many people there and over here. I must say that I'm stoked your coming home though. In regards to that negitive comment Im encouraged with how you approached it. My reaction of course is one like Peter, You know, cut their damn ear off and shove a rock in there mouth. Its not right to say or do I know but thats why this blessed anonymous person said it to you and not me. (sorry if I offended anyone who reads this but you'll get over it.)
So Im engaged to Leanne Mary Hough and the wedding will be july 7th in Summerland. Lots has been going on with the Police application and I will go into more detail about that sooner than later.
Where do I send the Invitations too?? Send me and address to brycewedding@hotmail.com.
Love you all so much. God bless
Mike Bryce

 

Post a Comment

<< Home