Rain Happens

Friday, February 09, 2007




Exploring Ireland is something we are trying to get the twins into but after you have seen one castle ruin and old church you have seem them all, according to the girls that is. I bribed them to come on one of the adventures that Sharon and Jenny got me to go on. They talked my old bible college friend Dawn and her daughter Lauren into it as well, promising it was a nice walk. We were to go to a little church called Gougane Barra first and then on a hike in some forests somewhere close by but after our visit to the church the sky opened up and we had to make a run for the car. It actually hailed on us. So our little hike was abandoned for lattes and fries in Macroom. Our visit to the church was nice though, we went in and had a quiet moment, then had a look around the grounds. This is not my own pic of the church as it was very rainy and dark by the time I went to take the picture. There are the twelve stations of the cross and cells that the monks use to live in. There was also ruins of a little old building, not too sure what it was. Here is a web site that give some more info www.all-ireland.com Click onto attractions and g then Gougane Barra. It is hard to believe that monks lived and slept in these tiny spaces, it was cold when we were there and I can't imagine what it must have been like! It makes me wonder what kind of faith I truley have and if I would be willing to live under these difficult circumstances if that is where God was leading me. Try double left clicking on the pics to see them in all their glory.

3 Comments:

At 4:59 a.m., Blogger Sonia said...

Looks a little bit like here - cool and wet! The church looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing your adventures!

 
At 10:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pics look awesome! So pretty. Enjoyed a visit with Gary, although we would have loved to see your face too.
xx

 
At 10:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks cool...literally. Ha ha. I am really missing you guys. I can't wait to see you all! I am really excited to see how tall the twins are and how much they have grown. wink wink Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home