Rain Happens

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

25 years!!!

It's an eternity, people get less for murder. These are the words my loving husband spoke to me on our 25Th wedding anniversary today. Of course he was just joking? Unofficially we have been living together for 28 years and in that time we have lived in 14 different houses with stays at many places in between. Hopefully this next move back to Kelowna (home) will be the last. I'm a grandma now and I'm getting to old for this. Well it has been a roller coaster ride but I wouldn't have done it with anyone else. We have been blessed to have made it this far, some of our trials have been difficult ones, but holding on to our faith and following Jesus on all these adventures is what has got us this far. I am looking forward to the next 25 years, hoping to have just as many adventures, only hoping for not as many valleys, as we spend it together seeing where God would have us serve.

10 Comments:

At 12:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, you old farts! :)

 
At 2:18 a.m., Blogger Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like quite the adventure...good thing ya'll are such a good pair.

 
At 5:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! 25 Years!! I am really proud of you guys! Keep hanging onto Jesus b/c the ride isn't over!! Exciting when you are on the God adventure!! Love Steph

 
At 2:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congragulations !! 25 YEARS
We thank God for your faithfulness to Him and to each other.
LOVE to YOU BOTH!!

ps you do not look like old farts!!

 
At 8:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good for 25 years! Can't wait to have you guys back in Kelowna. God bless...Love Jan&Gary

 
At 12:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you! Thanks for meeting eachother so you could give birth to me so I could give birth to Danai. (You thought it was all about me didn't you?)

 
At 5:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! We will hit the big 25 in October.
I am so excited for you both. The little I know about you guys, I love. God has sustained you through a lot. And you both have hung on to Him through it all. You said something about hoping there won't be too many valleys. I had that kind of conversation with our pastor. He said to me that it is in the valley we get the fruit that sustains us on the mountain tops. I had never thought about the valleys giving us fruit. Neat thought so I thought I would pass it on.

Congratulations again! If you are ever in Chilliwack when you are back in Oh Canada, come by, I make coffee and tea and always have a hug ready and waiting.

Hugs
Jackie G

 
At 1:04 a.m., Blogger Sonia said...

Congrats! Your great together!

 
At 3:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats you love birds! You wear 25 yrs. well....we should all be so lucky!
Love, Susan

 
At 4:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW .... I remember that day like it was last week! Are we really that old????

Congratulations!

Lotsa Luv & Stuff

Colleen aka the Maid of Honor to that memorable day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home