Rain Happens

Wednesday, April 04, 2007


We all need the hope of Easter
This is rather a sad picture and it reminds us that we all need the hope that Easter brings. Gary jogs in the morning through the park behind our house and in the time we have lived here two young men have taken their lives in this park, one 18 and the latest 23 just last week. The young man had been missing for a few days before they discovered his body. This rattled Gary quite a bit because he had jogged by this very site at least twice while the fellow was missing. As Gary and I were talking we wondered how many people we pass by without noticing they are living in desperation and feel there is no hope. We just wanted to remind ourselves and others that Jesus is our hope. May your Easter season be full of the love and hope of Jesus!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, how terribly tragic. It would be rattling for Gary to have run right by that spot. You've summed it up wonderfully Denise, Jesus is our hope.
On a happier note, I love the angelic pic of Danai. What a lovely bambino. Can't wait to see you plant a "zerbert" on her tummy!Easter blessings to all you Swabey's
Love from Sue & Bob

 
At 7:05 a.m., Blogger K said...

Easter is the time for hope. I read your blog once in a while. This post really touched me. My brother committed suicide here nearby to Summerland. He also had just turned 23. I talked to him a week before he did it.There are no words for the pain the person must have been facing or feeling of being so lost that there is no return. Makes my soul breaks for the familes left also. It is a daily struggle.

I will keep readin this post when I need a good strong dose of hope.

 
At 7:08 a.m., Blogger K said...

forgot to say who I am- related to the Wouda's (Andy's sister in law)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home