Rain Happens

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Salon Swabey
That is new name of my kitchen. In the last month I have done everybody's hair in the family including myself, that is 5 hair cuts, 2 sets of streaks, two colours and a good brushing with a pony tail, and now my dad tells me he needs a trim. I have had a hard time with the amounts the salons charge here for hair cuts so I have cut my hair myself since my last hair cut in Summerland in June. It averages €40 for a haircut here, that is $60 and that is a good price. I figure I saved our family somewhere between $400 and $500 dollars just for our hair this month. I am thankful for having the skill. I have also done some cuts for others in the neighbourhood and church at €15 and €20 that is $23-$40 each which is a deal for them and good money for me. Are you surprised at the girls hair? I finally gave in and did the colour and streak thing. I did not want to start this because it will never end I'm sure. As you can see in the picture of both of the twins their sence of fashion is well, what can I say, different!!!

5 Comments:

At 2:56 a.m., Blogger Sonia said...

Mungo's cut in particular is cute as a button. Kirb is looking great too! It would be great to see a pic of the twins hair all done and styled with the new hair colors! (I'm not telling Mickala and Makenna about this!) My girls hair has not been very straight ever since you moved from Kelowna...what can I say - you do have the magic touch! Gary get home okay?

 
At 5:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet hair! I miss the free hair cuts. Pout pout.

 
At 5:34 a.m., Blogger Sonia said...

Okay I'm awake now...I see the styled and done! Looks so cute! Definatly not showing the girls or they'll want color too! :)

 
At 6:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubba Bubba Babies! All you girls look hot! The clothing reminds me of a leprechaun/pippy longstocking look, but somehow they make it work!

 
At 9:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
We're really looking forward to our visit in a few weeks. Rachel wants to get a pair of those funky shoes the twins are wearing and Michael just wants to see a leprechaun.
Elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home