Rain Happens

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Please no more pizza, pasta, scrambled eggs or Chinese! My dad, Tom Ryan and I had a great trip to Rome, Italy. We hit all the tourist sights you could see, from the Coliseum to the Pantheon. The idea to go to Rome started when dad was complaining that he had too much money and he would just have to leave it to his kids to spend after he died. I said instead of me spending it then, why don't we spend some of it together while he was alive. I knew he was coming to visit us in Ireland so I suggested we go to Italy, on dad, while he was here and he said great idea and, the rest is now history. Or I should say we saw history. Here I am with my first latte and here is dad on our way to the coliseum. We ate a lot of pizza because it was everywhere and it was cheap, we ate Chinese 3 times because it was near the hotel and it was good and we had pasta because it is Italian. The hotel advertises that it has a hot American breakfast included but all that meant was scrambled eggs, EVERYDAY. I don't think I want scrambled eggs for a while, 7 days in a row is plenty. As well as Rome we also went to Naples and Pompeii, Naples not so nice but Pompeii was very interesting. Here are pictures of pottery and a plaster cast of a body frozen in time when the volcanic ash hit. Now we are investigating the history in Ireland. A few castles, churches and forts etc.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds as tho' you covered some ground. Great quality time spent with your Dad; treasure those moments. Can't but help reflect on how many people have walked those same spots as you when in Italy, or for that matter anywhere in Europe. It's all so incredibly beautiful. Thanks for the pics.

 
At 3:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am jealous! It looks like a wonderful trip with your Pa.w

 
At 3:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That extra "w" wasn't meant to be there. Oops. :)

 
At 6:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. I'm so jealous. Maybe one day I can go there...Luke are you listening..

 
At 4:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful trip!!! Both with your Dad and with History. And what an amazing thing for your Dad to be able to do with his little girl. You are a good daughter!

I think your smile in the picture tells it all Denise. :)

Hugs
Jackie Gartner

 

Post a Comment

<< Home